JRF opening at Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology in an ICMR funded research project entitled “Novel derivatives of Tacrine, a cholinesterase inhibitor, with added pharmacological actions-A preclinical experimental study”. Read the complete notification below before applying for the post:-
Adv. Number – # 25/2023
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Junior Research Fellow in an ICMR funded research project entitled “Novel derivatives of Tacrine, a cholinesterase inhibitor, with added pharmacological actions-A preclinical experimental study” in the laboratory of Dr. Moinak Banerjee, Neurobiology Division at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The candidates should have a Master’s Degree in any branch of Life Science.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in M.Sc.
- Qualification in National Eligibility Test – CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)/ or National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JBEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam/ Approved DST Inspire Fellowship etc is desirable.
- Experience in working with molecular biology, cell culture and animal model is desirable
Below 28 years as on August 10, 2023. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
For JRF, ₹ 31,000/- + 16% HRA per month for MSc degree holders who have qualified NET/GATE (with valid certificate). Candidates who do not have NET/GATE certification will be eligible for ₹.12,000/- + 16% HRA per month.DURATION
Initially for a period of six months and further extension will be based on performance evaluation till the end of the project.
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is August 10, 2023
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate applications should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.