IIT Bombay is inviting applications for Research internships 2023-24 as per the details given below. Internship portal is open for applications.
How To Apply:
The application process consists of an online application to be submitted through this webpage. A link to appropriate forms will be available here when the application process begins. Please read the description and eligibility criteria carefully before filling the application form.
- It is mandatory to register before filling the application form.
- After clicking on the above link kindly click on the “New Applicants register here.”
- Fill in the mandatory fields to get registered.
- Login to fill the application form with your new username and password.
- Please click on the last line mentioning IITB RESEARCH INTERNSHIP AWARDS 2023-24 (Please do not use this link for Position under Project given in Job Opportunities page)
The online application requires:
Uploading your statement of purpose (500 Characters) describing your interest in research and how diversity and this opportunity would advance your goals. Applications for internship must be accompanied by a statement of purpose answering questions such as: Why is an applicant interested in a particular project? What specific background, skills, and experience does an applicant have for the project? What is the applicant’s long term career plan? What role does this project play in it? What role does an internship at IITB play in the career plan? This list is only illustrative and the applicants are encouraged to think beyond these questions while writing their statement of purpose.
- Should be in the Second year of a Masters program, or third / fourth year of a Bachelors program. Branch / discipline of study will be as per the project requirements specified by IIT Bombay Faculty (Internship Guide).
- Should be among the top 10% in all the previous years in your discipline in the College / University / Institute. A certificate from the Principal (in the prescribed format) to this effect will have to be submitted at the time of applying.
- Duration of internship four to six months between December and June
- Should be a full-time student while applying and till the completion of the Internship. You may submit a partial project report before (e.g., in April) the completion of the Internship (e.g., in June) if the academic calendar of your College / Institute / University requires you to do so, with the prior consent of the Internship Guide.
- Should be able to work full-time for the Internship. Part-time internship is not allowed. A certificate to the effect that there are no course work requirements during the internship period has to be submitted at the time of applying.
For applying, click on the following link: https://www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/HRMSLoginPage.jsp