ICMR- NIREH (National Institute for Research in Environmental Health) is inviting applications from eligible and interested candidates for fully residential Summer internship. Please read the details below before applying for the post.
The Summer Internship Programme in Environmental Epigenetics is a fully residential two weeks long hands-on training course offered by ICMR-NIREH, Bhopal. Participants of this programme will experience the excitement of working in a unique academic ambience apt for cutting-edge scientific discourse. During this programme greater emphasis will be laid on the fundamental wet-lab tools and techniques relevant to environmental epigenetics.
Eligibility: Students pursuing graduate (B.Tech.) and post-graduate courses (M.Sc/M.Tech.) in biological sciences are encouraged to apply.
Seats: Only 25 students will be admitted in this course.
Application Procedure: Applications on prescribed format (specifying e-mail id and mobile contact number) along with self-attested copies of mark-sheets and degree certificates must reach through e-mail to the “Course Coordinator, ICMR – National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (NIREH), Bypass Road, Bhauri, Bhopal – 462 030 (MP), India” on or before 31st May, 2023.
Selection: Procedure of screening and selection will be based upon academic credentials only. The list of selected candidates will be posted at institute’s website on 2nd June, 2023.
Fees: Registration fee for this fully residential course is Rs. 15000/= only.
Course Content: Basic and advanced techniques pertaining to the field of environmental epigenetics shall be covered.
1) Isolation of DNA, RNA & Proteins
2) PCR and Reverse Transcriptase PCR
3) Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
4) Real Time PCR
5) Multiplex RT-RT PCR
6) SDS-PAGE & Western Blot Analysis
7) Double Sandwich ELISA
8) Isolation & Characterization of Mitochondrial (mt) DNA and mtDNA Mutation Analysis
9) Mitochondrial ISR Analysis
10) Methylation-Specific PCR
11) Histone Methylation Arrays
12) MicroRNA Characterization
13) lncRNA Isolation & Identification
14) RNA Methylation Analysis
15) mtDNA Methylation Analysis
16) Multi-photon Image Analysis
17) Immune-Subset Enumeration
18) Isolation and Characterization of Circulating Epigenomic Signatures and Point-of-Care Detection Assays
Please send your application only through E-MAIL to:
COURSE COORDINATOR – SIPEE 2023
Division of Environmental Biotechnology, Genetics & Molecular Biology ICMR-National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (NIREH) Bypass Road, Bhauri, Bhopal – 462 030 (MP), India
Application Deadline: 31st May 2023